my loves

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

how sweet it is

"though the sorrow may last for the night, joy comes in the morning!"

its been a challenging sort of week...but, today, there was an unexpected turn.

i'm one of those girls who has a lot of expectations. when i first got married, a good friend who has been married close to 30 years told me, "i have one piece of advice for you: lower your expectations & raise your appreciation."

"humph." i thought. "that's because he's a man. he thinks that women shouldn't have as high of expectations to make it easier for the male species. that is crazy. i'm allowed to have high expectations...especially of my husband."

but, honestly, that is one of the best things ever told to me.

i always have BIG expectations for my birthday. high hopes, want everything to be a surprise, big presents...it's my mom's fault, really. :) every day was a celebration with her so every birthday was over the top.

but, maybe its because i'm over 30 now, maybe its because i have kids, maybe its because i'm eagerly anticipating tiny girl...but, whatever it was, i had no real expectations for today.

and, it was AMAZING! i mean from start to finish.

i woke up to my husband making me an omelet with fruit & muffins on the side. my kids had presents wrapped in their own homemade wrapping paper. i had flowers delivered to my door step from a dear friend.

then, i got to go to a women's bible study (which i haven't been able to do in a long time), doctor's appt to hear baby girl's heart beat, & lunch with my zeke.

then, i got my eyebrows waxed & a pedicure (gifts from friends!).

then, i had dinner with friends & a totally fun evening at a corn maze with awesome bouncy castles.

on top of all that, i was showered with so much love in the form of presents, calls, texts, songs, & fb messages ALL day long.

i was blown away at every turn.

so after days of poopy pants, sleepless nights, clingy kiddos, & high demands on every side with the biggest belly & hurting hips...i get the most marvelous day imaginable.

thank you, Lord. You bless me good. :)

and, now, if the tiny wants to come out...i'd be thrilled. heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment